Oh. My. Freaking. God.

Okay. So my computer kind of freaked out on us when we tried to install a new hard drive. There was a of couple weeks when I would go visit Mom just to check my email and eat some of her leftovers.

Then we had a sort of working computer for a few days and then poof... it decided to stop loading Windows.

Then we had this thing where we would have to press F8 when the boot up screen would come on. So, I would have literally 2 seconds to push F8 before it would finish loading on to the wrong hard drive. On a good day, I would have to restart the computer at least three times because I would forget to press F8.

And really, I didn't have much to blog about since the cast was learning music and I briefly showed up for the first rehearsal and took a little break. (But that would be a really lame excuse.)

Anyway, I'm back to blogging. And I promise I won't leave you for a prolonged period of time.

In all reality, it's taken me a bit to jump out of HiFi mode. I still have these tapes I made for people that I have to send out and I almost feel like if I move on to Hair it will be too late.

But in the past week, I've jumped back in. Coming in to record blocking. On some pages I have a TON of blocking... on others I draw a big F which basically means that the actor was told to freestyle it. Which means there's nothing specific that I should write down... until Scott tells them not to do something... at which point I make note of it.

One thing I noticed on my return was how energetic the cast was. This is a really tough show. The cast is just amazing. You can just feel this energy when you step into the room. It never dies. It's beautiful.

They are also so focused and dedicated. It's great. I'm going to love working with this group.

I'm excited about Hair. I mean, the people I work with at the PD have already labeled me "Hippie Girl." I'm not really sure how that started... Maybe it's because they're all die hard Republicans and I came in as this little college student. Maybe it's because I drive a VW beetle. Maybe they've read the pins on my purse or the fact that I sit there and make hemp bracelets to pass the time... Who knows. I'm not sure why that's my nickname at work and frankly, it annoys me just a little bit. It's not really something I'm trying to be. It's just their label created from their perception of who I am. Whatever.

I guess I'm "hippie" in the way that the "hippies" hated being called a "hippie."

I've seen the show before, years ago when WashU did it. My fiance played guitar for it. Ever since then I've been very curious about the show.

After reading the script, I realized how messed up this show is. I couldn't follow anything. I wasn't sure if there was even something to follow. The words made sense. Everything else did not.

Since we've been blocking and the show is on it's feet, I can sort of see what it's all about. It's becoming a much clearer picture than what I was thinking just reading the words off the page. It's a celebration, a gathering, a fight, a war, a dream, a really fucked up trip, a ritual, and a rally. It's all of these things and more. And the tribe just wants you to understand. That's all. They don't want to hurt anybody.

This is going to be awesome.

In my blog, I plan on updating you with all the technical stuff, as I've done with the last blogs. I also will have a "guest" blogger on here who will be able to comment from the musician side of the show... but he's unable to make a statement at this time because he's sleeping due to his really crappy midnight job that he will be resigning from in approximately one month.

And of course, I'll be sure to load it with tons of pictures, videos, links and any other goodies I find on the net.

Peace out,

Trish

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 Evita (Better Title TBA)
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger