We are in the new space!!!

Saturday morning, I stumbled out of bed and drove to the old CBC school off Clayton Rd which is now owned by Wash U.

And nobody else was there.

I circled the parking lot... a couple times... cuz it was fun, then decided to go see if there was another entrance somewhere. I was fairly sure that I was at the right place... after all, my little brother attended the school and I remembered dropping him off there once.

After driving around for a bit, I drove over to Breadco and they were obnoxiously busy. So I drove back to the parking lot and to my surprise there was a Jeep parked near the hidden staircase that leads to the back door.

I forgot that Todd owns a Jeep.

Anyway, after finding Todd, I went on a run to QT (one of the evils of the world) for some much needed coffee and some ice for Todd's cooler.

I returned and carried in some wood... I hate how people think I can't lift things because I can. In fact, my chest acts as a really nice shelf and aids in the carrying of heavy items... Possibly the only thing it's good for.

Zak, Nikki, Rachel and Scott showed up and we got to work. We built the set and erected it (teehee). Lots of work. Todd is a great teacher and leader. He works at a very fast pace while very laid back and easy going. His students are very lucky. We had a collection of sixties music which was played while we worked and we all brought in stuff to snack on. It wasn't a bad day. Tons got accomplished. It was very satisfying.

On Sunday, I stumbled out of bed and had to go to Sonic for some breakfast... They make a really great frozen coffee drink that is like ice cream... and also very bad for you, I'm sure. I met Scott and Todd at the Storage space and then Scott and I headed back to the theater while Todd stopped at Lowes for some more wood.

Nikki, Rachel, Zak, TLove, T.M., Ryan, Sparger, and (eventually) Lawson (Sorry if I missed someone... let me know) came in and we started the painting, as well as some more work on the set - like setting up the fire pole. Right now, everything is painted white... like a page in a coloring book. Next weekend, we're going to start coloring and adding in detail. It's going to look awesome.

I'm going to try to figure out how to add the pictures taken from my phone...


And tonight we ran the entire show. Matt the sound guy came in to watch... as well as Ken, our lighting designer. Ken's got some great ideas brewing... He brought up 4,000 xmas lights. I think he said 4,000. It was two boxes worth... I can't wait to see everything come together.

As for the space, I really like it. It's got a ton of seating but the audience is still very close. It's very open and the booth is nice. Two huge dressing rooms, each having it's own bathroom. I think this place will work very nicely.

Watching the show, or even just going to rehearsal, has been so good for me. I've been going through a lot of stupid shit at work, at home... At rehearsal, I'm able to step away from it all... In a way, I'm at a point in my life where I feel a lot like how Claude feels... Sort of re-evaluating your life. Seeing what's important. What makes you happy. What you want to do. I think being apart of Hair is helping me do that.

God knows what the outcome will be.

But anyway. This is my long post. More to come later. I'm going to bed.

With Love,
Blackout

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there terrific website! Does running a blog similar to this
take a lot of work? I have virtually no understanding of computer programming however
I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
I know this is off topic however I just wanted to ask. Thank you!


Feel free to surf to my website: jocuri gratis masini

Copyright 2010 Evita (Better Title TBA)
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger